Norwegian military M77 shoes. Which is real?
m***@gmail.com
2005-03-30 12:03:06 UTC
Hi all!

Is there anyone reading this forum who can answer the question at
http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?88.731 about which M77's are
authentic and which ones aren't? :-)

Regards,
Evert
Tor Halle
2005-03-30 18:51:20 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Is there anyone reading this forum who can answer the question at
http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?88.731 about which M77's are
authentic and which ones aren't? :-)
There are several manufactorers of these boots. The ones (boots) intended
for the Norwegian Defence have a spesial marking; its a little shield with
two digits inside.
Could be "02", meaning production year 2002.
This marking identifies the boots so you (members of the NDF) can trade the
in for new ones.
Boots for sivilian market have this marking removed, scrathed away it seems.
If the boots have no trace of such a marking or removed marking it is
probably a fake, meaning it is a non-mil-spec copy. There were a lot made in
Portugal once
sold for 1/3 of normal price. These where easily recognized cause they had a
higher tip and lacking all traces of the shield. They didn't fit very well
either and they also lacked the deep pattern in the sole although the
pattern was the same. Other details was sharp edges on the clamps thus
giving a tremendus consume of shoe- laces.....

Why am I writing this in english???

Tor
m***@gmail.com
2005-03-31 06:48:40 UTC
Post by Tor Halle
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Hei! ;-)

Thanks for the swift and complete reply! :-)
It has left me with only 1 small question: where on the shoe would that
marking be (or not be)? The sole? The shaft? Inside?

And why you are writing in English? Well, maybe because it's the polite
thing to do: replying to a posting in the language it was written in...
8-)

Or do you mean: Why I am writing in English? ;-)
Well, that's because even though I've been living in Norway for over 7
years now, I'm still not good at writing proper Norwegian... ;-)

Thanks again! :)

Regards,
Evert
Tore Wik
2005-03-31 06:58:31 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Or do you mean: Why I am writing in English? ;-)
Well, that's because even though I've been living in Norway for over 7
years now, I'm still not good at writing proper Norwegian... ;-)
Så, kanskje det vi burde gjøre var å svare deg på norsk, så du blir
presset til å lære deg norsk bedre?
;-)

mvh
Tore Wik
m***@gmail.com
2005-04-14 21:28:06 UTC
Nah... This group is friluftsliv-related, not Norsk-related... 8-)
Jan Johansen
2005-04-16 16:54:06 UTC
Post by Tore Wik
Post by m***@gmail.com
Or do you mean: Why I am writing in English? ;-)
Well, that's because even though I've been living in Norway for over 7
years now, I'm still not good at writing proper Norwegian... ;-)
Så, kanskje det vi burde gjøre var å svare deg på norsk, så du blir
presset til å lære deg norsk bedre?
;-)
Perhaps I skulle skrevet dette in english, but I have a spørsmål gjeldene
M77. Jeg kjøpte for a few years siden et par M77 som ble sagt å være
"originale", men de hadde en annen såle uten utsparringer for
nato-plankene.So i just wonder om dette er støvler etter mil-spec, eller om
det er en produksjon utelukkende beregnet for det sivile markedet ? The
boots was laget på Møre skofabrikk, så opprinnelsen skulle være grei nok.
Størker Moe
2005-03-31 09:52:00 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
It has left me with only 1 small question: where on the shoe would that
marking be (or not be)? The sole? The shaft? Inside?
On the underside of the sole (on the outside of the boot), just in front
of the heel. The sharp corner of the "shield" is pointing towards the
heel, and the straight line of the emblem facing forward, IIRC. The
natural recess of the sole in front of the heel prevents the marking
being worn off after long-time use of the boot.

(in English as a courtesy to the language-challenged OP. Of the many
great qualities of Norwegians, I would especially emphasize our gallant
manners and great modesty ;-) )
--
Størker Moe

Email Storker(DOT)Moe(AT)c2i(DOT)net
WWW http://home.c2i.net/storker_moe/

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
m***@gmail.com
2005-04-14 21:33:25 UTC
Well, I've checked under my shoes (at the office, which got my
co-workers to think I stepped into something on the way in...), but
found no marking on mine, so I guess I got a couple of fakes... :-/

However, my 'fakes' have been serving me quite well so far: 2,5 years
and going, being worn on an almost daily basis (even in Norway I prefer
shoes with a little more airco in the heat of the summer) and still in
perfect shape! Maybe I got lucky? Or maybe some of the fakes are of
better quality than the original army model? These were bought at a
store in Fredrikstad where they assured me that BOTH versions were the
approved army version... ;-)

Regards,
Evert
Johan Poppe
2005-04-03 21:33:37 UTC
Post by Tor Halle
There are several manufactorers of these boots. The ones (boots) intended
for the Norwegian Defence have a spesial marking; its a little shield with
two digits inside.
Could be "02", meaning production year 2002.
This marking identifies the boots so you (members of the NDF) can trade the
in for new ones.
Boots for sivilian market have this marking removed, scrathed away it seems.
If the boots have no trace of such a marking or removed marking it is
probably a fake, meaning it is a non-mil-spec copy. There were a lot made in
Portugal once
sold for 1/3 of normal price. These where easily recognized cause they had a
higher tip and lacking all traces of the shield.
I have three pairs of these boots laying around:
One pair is from a military depot. These have the shield, and inside
the boots the sole says "Verner Møre Skofabrikk".
Another pair have traces of a shield that have been cut of, and the
same text on the inside.
The third pair have the logo of Alfa Skofabrikk in the place where the
shield is on the "real" military ones, no text on the inside, and the
ears for ski bindings along the toe are sligthly less pronounced than
the other two pairs. But otherwise they are indistinguishable from the
two other pairs - both in terms of fit, durability, and any other
detail I can think of.

I have also at least once asked for Norwegian military boots in stores
and been pointed towards a shelf with bad-fitting boots that very
obviously weren't M77s.
--
Riktig sitering gjør meldingene dine lettere å lese:
< url: http://home.online.no/~vidaandr/news/OBSquoting.html >